OSHA 10 Hour EQ+ General Industry Review Course and Competency Exam course description:
The 10 hour EQ+ (Equivalent Plus) course is intended to provide workers with awareness of common job-related safety and health hazards, while the 30 hour EQ+ (Equivalent Plus) course is more appropriate for supervisors or workers with some safety responsibility.
This OSHA 10 Hr EQ+ General Industry Course provides training for workers and employers on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in workplaces in the general industry. This course content exceeds the mandatory and elective topics prescribed by OSHA in the 10 Hour General Industry course, and includes performance evaluations and objective summative testing on each topic. This course is an excellent means to verify your knowledge acquired through the OSHA Authorized courses and can be used to document REQUIRED training under the OSHA Standards.
This course is not the OSHA AUTHORIZED 10 Hour Course. This is a review and competency course designed to meet the training requirements for the applicable OSHA Standards. It is important to note that the OSHA 10 & 30 hour courses are voluntary programs and do not meet the training requirements for any OSHA standards. Although some states, municipalities or others may require outreach training as a condition of employment, it is not an OSHA requirement. None of the courses within the Outreach Training Program is considered a certification. If you are required to take an OSHA Authorized course please reference our live training tab and request a written proposal or go to OSHA’s website for a list of providers in your region.
Course topics for the OSHA 10 Hr EQ+ General Industry Review course are as follows:
- Introduction to OSHA -.75 hours
- OSHA Inspections -.5 hours
- Walking and Working Surfaces with Fall Protection -1.0 hour
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection
- Means of Egress and Emergency Planning -.5 hours
- Fire Protection and Prevention -.5 hours
- Electrical -1.0 hour
- Personal Protective Equipment -1.0 hour
- Hazard Communication -1.0 hour
- Material Handling -.5 hours
- Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout) -.5 hours
- Machine Guarding -.5 hours
- Respiratory Protection- .5 hours
- Welding and Cutting -.5 hours
- Hearing Conservation -.5 hours
- Permit Required Confined Space Entry -.75 hours
The OSHA General Industry 10 Hour EQ+ Course Review & Competency Exam covers 15 topics. After each topic, a 10-question multiple choice, objective summative exam, will be generated to verify course objectives have been properly assimilated. A 70% passing rate is prescribed for each topic. If an individual fails, additional self-study should be performed, and a new exam, generated from our proprietary program, will be presented to the student. Upon enrollment and successful completion of all topics, the student will immediately have available a certificate of completion for documentation of regulatory training.