OSHA 30 Hour EQ+ Construction Industry Review Course and Competency Exam course description:
The 10 hour EQ+ (Equivalent Plus) course is intended to provide workers with awareness of common job-related safety and health hazards, while the 30 hour EQ+ (Equivalent Plus) course is more appropriate for supervisors or workers with some safety responsibility.
This OSHA 30 Hr EQ+ Construction Industry Course provides training for workers and employers on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in workplaces in the Construction industry. This course content exceeds the mandatory and elective topics prescribed by OSHA in the 30 Hour Construction Industry course, and includes performance evaluations and objective summative testing on each topic. This course is an excellent means to verify your knowledge acquired through the OSHA Authorized courses and can be used to document REQUIRED training under the OSHA Standards.
This course is not the OSHA AUTHORIZED 30 Hour Course. This is a review and competency course designed to meet the training requirements for the applicable OSHA Standards. It is important to note that the OSHA 10 & 30 hour courses are voluntary programs and do not meet the training requirements for any OSHA standards. Although some states, municipalities or others may require outreach training as a condition of employment, it is not an OSHA requirement. None of the courses within the Outreach Training Program is considered a certification. If you are required to take an OSHA Authorized course please reference our live training tab and request a written proposal or go to OSHA’s website for a list of providers in your region.
Course topics for the OSHA 30 Hr EQ+ Construction Industry Review Course & Competency Exam are as follows:
- Introduction to OSHA -1.5 hours
- OSHA Inspections -1.5 hours
- Safety and Health Programs -1.5 hours
- Recordkeeping and Reporting -1.5 hours
- Focused Four
- Falls – Fall Protection -1.0 hours
- Electrocution – Electrical Safety -1.0 hours
- Struck By – Material Handling & Storage -1.5 hours
- Caught In/Between
- Excavations – 1.5 hours
- Control of Hazardous Energy(Lockout/Tagout) -1.5 hours
- Hazard Communication -1.5 hours
- Confined Spaces -1.5 hours
- Fire Protection and Prevention -1.5 hours
- Personal Protective Equipment -1.5 hours
- Hearing Conservation -1.5 hours
- Scaffolds -1.5 hours
- Stairways and Ladders -1.5 hours
- Hand and Portable Powered Tools -1.5 hours
- Welding and Cutting -1.5 hours
- Concrete and Masonry Construction- 1.5 hours
- Steel Erection -1.5 hours
The OSHA Construction Industry 30 Hour EQ+ Course Review & Competency Exam covers 20 topics. After each topic, a 20-question multiple choice, objective summative exam, will be generated to verify course objectives have been properly assimilated. A 70% passing rate is prescribed for each topic. If an individual fails, additional self-study should be performed, and a new exam, generated from our proprietary program, will be presented to the student. Upon enrollment and successful completion of all topics, the student will immediately have available a certificate of completion for documentation of regulatory training.